Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Fuzz

We had a great weekend in San Angelo. We left yesterday shortly after lunch to head back south. I could not help but think of the movies when they show someone traveling a long distance. The map shows up on the screen, and the little dotted line slowly inches its way across the map to the designated location. That's how I felt yesterday. That drive feels as though you are in slow motion traipsing across the hemisphere to a new planet. Nonetheless, we made it.

Today cranked off like a siren- literally. This little gem of an incident happened once earlier in the year, however, I expected that to be the only run in with the fuzz. What's the incident? Watching the flashing, stroke-inducing, blinded by the rotating orb light bar on the Border Patrol vehicle as they pull you over. They pulled me over for the first time on Halloween. I need to say that I dressed up a bit for the occasion. I wore a bright purple glow in the dark shirt with pumpkins, witches, and haunted houses illuminating the dark with its glow. To complement, I donned a fuzzy headband with wire bats flying back and forth like bat bobble heads. I had the seat laid down because Boud likes to have a prime 'getting the cars' platform when she rolls with me in my car. Apparently that's a no-no as they take that to mean that I am harboring fugitives stacked on top of each other...Here's how it went down today- I blew out of the house this morning thinking of all the things I needed to accomplish before school. While sailing past a Border Patrol car, I noticed that it crept out of its hiding spot and gassed it right up to my bumper. This little game ensued for miles. I proceeded to eat my toast and wait for the finkish flashers to flare. After about ten minutes, I secretly wished I had a switch in my car to change the license plate to the abbreviation of "Cartel Queen". Finally, I just eased on to the shoulder and slowed down almost to a stopping point. The car wheeled in behind me, then made a u-turn, burned rubber, and blasted down the road in the opposite direction. This whole scenario just has me in stitches. Here I am borderline albino and have been pegged twice for a smuggler/trafficker. What a special thought.

The moral of the story: Life unexplained leads to much laughter.

1 comment:

Sara K said...

HA! I really need to introduce you to my buds in Fal! I'll talk to Sean about planning a trip. This story reminded me of one morning on my way to work at the Fal Vet. I pulled up to the Encino check point, which I had to go through every single morning. "Are you a US Citizen ma'am?" "why yes I am.. i see you every morning Jose." "where are you headed?" "um, Vicker's office, again, just like yesterday." and then someone walked up behind him... "Ma'am, your registration has expired months ago." me- "oh yeah, I know. I keep forgetting to get that thing taken care of." and he stepped form behind Jose wearing a state troopers uniform. "Could you please pull over right next to my car, ma'am.." AAHHHH!!!! I have never gotten out of a ticket. Not even crying helps me. I've tried.