Monday, April 5, 2010

Grace Around Us

Yesterday we celebrated Easter with my parents at our little Baptist Church here in Premont. As we took the Lord's Supper, I thought about when I accepted Christ. I was young, and we lived in Iraan, TX. As I looked around the congregation of predominantly older folks, I began to wonder how they felt when their own children accepted Christ. Then my thoughts moved toward my niece and nephew. When we got home from church, my niece called to say that she had 'felt the tug' in church that morning and made her profession of faith. What a wonderful experience. I imagined the pride and joyful spirits my sister and brother-in-law must have felt at the moment. Watching the person you created experience such a kindred moment with our Lord. Knowing that her name is now written in the Lamb's Book of Life and no matter what trials and snares her future may hold, she is forever steadfast in His arms. As we talk about starting a family and see many of our friends continuing theirs, I feel that this particular moment in parenthood must rank amongst the top moments. I am so excited for her as she moves forward in her faith and begins her journey of Christianity. May we all strive to set strong examples in our daily life. We never know who might be watching and what might spark someone's decision to follow Him. We called to congratulate her and give her our best. Perhaps the biggest congratulation of all came in the party in the skies we are not yet privy to attend until our name is called up yonder.

In the essence of this, I was reminded of the utter importance of family. I so enjoyed the time spent with my parents this weekend. The simple joys of visiting, cooking, talking, relaxing, and just enjoying being with each other. I always cry when family leaves. There's really no exception. It just feels like a piece of my heart is traveling hundreds of miles away. Yesterday marked the 19th anniversary of Wade's mom passing. Though I still have the physical presence of my parents here on earth to love and support me through any time, I know that his mom is here with us in spirit. I found myself wondering how I could love someone I never knew, only knew of? I know that so many wonderful qualities that Wade possesses are a reflection of her. Wade loves with no boundaries, cares unceasingly, and finds the good in trying situations. He is truly an amazing person that's grown into the man that I know put a smile on his mom's face yesterday.

My heart overflows with gratefulness for my family. I am so thankful for family- here and those watching over from above.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Angela, I know his mom is proud and loves you for taking over for her.

Erica said...

Really beautiful.