Wednesday, April 14, 2010

OMG- Stuck Times Three!

Rain keeps falling on my head...Today marks the third day in a row of torrential downpours. I love the rain, however, on my drive home today I couldn't help but wonder if another tow trip lied in the cards for the Wade and me. The thought left my mind and I became engrossed in the radio. We went over to Fal and ate at our favorite restaurant there. We are such an old codger couple. We always time it just right so that the Wheel is on during our meal, and if anyone is sitting at our normal table, the earth slips on its axis. When we got home, Wade, being the gentleman that he is, tried to pull right up next to the sidewalk to let me out so I wouldn't get my boots wet. I've worn my boots so thin that the sole is starting to separate causing water to leak in, so I appreciated this gallant effort. No sooner could I turn around to check if my eyes were deceiving me, I heard spinning tires. It was like a slow motion moment- I put down my bags and started waving my hands frantically in a 'STOP' motion, all the while being poured on from the clouds above. This is in the front yard a few feet from our front door, mind you. Not to mention that this did not occur in the ranch truck or Wade's truck. This is my truck! That's like wearing your Sunday clothes and going to roll in the mud! It's our 'good' car. Wade fired up old whitey and backed right up to the truck. In idle with the e-brake on he squeegeed it right out of the rut, which is saying something, because that truck was buried to the frame...in our front yard. Rad.

On a more serious note, I had the second meeting of my bible study on Monday night. I felt like I inhaled a fresh breath of air for my heart and soul. I am slowly, sometimes tearfully, finding my way to a better person. The title of it, "Breaking Free", is truly a great study. I am reacquainting myself with scriptures that became a little dusty for me over the years, and I am reacquainting myself with the feeling of warmth and reassurance in my soul that only comes when the feeling of God's presence permeates your core. I am excited about this journey and about discovering so much more about myself and the Word. In order to break free, you have to be willing to give up a few things that may have, without you knowing, held you back.

Hopefully this event will be the only getting stuck episode that we can add to our repertoire, and maybe we can all grow closer to the person God wants us to be a little more each day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are growing Wade into a better person daily as evidenced by the fact he didn't tear the bumper off of Hoss.

Erica said...

I'm so excited to read your thoughts. I'm glad y'all have found a small group to support you!