Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Somehow, two weeks passed since my last stroke of the keyboard. So much transpired in the half a month that I've been MIA. I find it more logical to make a list in order to best portray this spiel.

1. If ever two words existed that do not belong together, they would certainly be circus and Falfurrias. The circus came to town, quite literally. This circus rolled in at sunup, spent the day, then packed up the tents and trailers and polluted its way down the road to the next cataclysmic adventure. How bizarre. Picture it- in the middle of a dusty field, right on the outskirts of town, the trucks unloaded the big top, set up shop, and unveiled the splendor. The splendor even included elephants and camels. I know what you're thinking, because I had to do a double take so as to assure myself my eyes hadn't failed. I am pretty certain that said animals have no business being hauled across kingdom come in Lord knows what kind of conditions. I kept thinking that around any corner the freak show tent would appear... then again, I reckon the circus in itself lent enough freak to the crowd.

2. Spring Break- The glorious seven day period of restful bliss that encourages one to get back in tune with what it actually feels like to get the recommended amount of sleep for optimal daily performance. We planted what began as a small garden and may well have turned into my summer job. I'm thinking of erecting a stand to sell our haul of goods. No overhead required seeing as how most advertisement in these parts consists of spray paint on cardboard. I do hope our crops produce. We always grew gardens of great proportion when I was growing up. I carry fond memories of those times. Maybe this will be become a yearly tradition of our own, who knows. At this time, I just hope Wade doesn't send all the local birds into an early trip to the eternal corn buffet in the sky for pilfering our seeds.

3. Poop Scoop- I found humor in the following situation. My niece and nephews went to camp out with my parents at Lake Belton over the break. My nephew, Jasper, is three. Michelle took him to the bathroom, which was out of toilet paper in all but one stall. They waited for a while, hearing a couple of flushes in a row. Coincidentally, courtesy flushes are a sure sign of disaster. Finally, a lady scuttled quickly out of the bathroom, wafting with her a scent of unbearable weight. Jasper took a few steps in and stopped. He turned to Michelle and said, "That lady did a bad thing in here. I'm not using this potty." Simply stated, and quite hilarious.

4. Bible Study- I started going to a bible study this week. It's a Beth Moore study called "Breaking Free". I entered into this introductory session with an open mind and open heart. The idea stands to rid the heart of all the convoluted mess that clouds our heart with doubt, insecurity, strongholds, fear, and any other issues that cause a delay in communication with what God wants for your life. I am excited to go through the process. I hope to rediscover some pieces of myself, and let go of some of the pieces that are good riddance.

In essence, the weeks pass and time flies off the calendar faster than I can mark off the days. I guess all we can hope to do is keep away from skid ridden latrines, grow a little fruit for the fruits of our labor, and break free a little each day from the ties that bind us.

Until we meet again...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you get to ride one of the elephants?