Sunday, January 24, 2010

Docs & 3D

Well, I finally had to haul myself to the quack shack. After waking up at 3 a.m. Friday night and coughing myself straight into the morning, I decided enough already. I dressed in my finest Saturday duds and prepared myself for the long wait at the walk-in clinic. I always wish for a force field button when at these places. Press the button and the invisible shield of germ-x surrounds you until you exit unscathed. After about a two hour layover, the doctor came in, gave me three antibiotics, and told me that I was probably on my way to pneumonia had I waited longer. Swell. The lovely news is that the antibiotics combined give me tummy taint. Fabulous! I just hope to be back up and running normally soon.

That said, yesterday was Wade and I's official anniversary of meeting. That's correct, five years ago yesterday Wade clambered down the tiny driveway to my apartment in his knight-in-shining-armor pick up to wisk me away to the church house. Ironic seeing as how that's where we ended up. In honor of the day, we decided to roll over to Corpus for dinner and a movie. The Avatar 3D movie topped the list. Now, I need to say that I have not had the greatest of history with watching 3D movies without feeling the need to pray to the porcelain gods. I gave it the old college try. An hour in my skin felt clammy. I felt my stomach rolling and gracefully exited the theater. I don't know if it was a combination of all the antibiotics mixed with the 3D, but whatever the cause- not good. I grabbed an icee and sat up camp in the icy gaming area. Nothing like watching the up and coming thug nation play ice hockey to cure what ails you. The cold drink and cold room helped subside the nausea. After I could not take anymore of the fascination in the gaming area, I ambled back over to the theater. Not wanting to experience round two of the debacle, I opted to sit outside the theater, sip my icee, and play hangman on my phone. I settled into a nice groove when a lady came out of the theater looking a little green herself. Funny how people are placed in your life surreptitiously to make our lives easier without our knowing. Turns out she was retiring from teaching after 35 years. She told of her many experiences and said one thing that probably stuck, "If you're going to do this, you've got to love those kids even when their assholes." That pretty much sums it all up.

May we all strive for the high road as this week cranks off tomorrow.

No comments: