Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday Revelations

PJ's- check
Whiskey- check
Gilmore Girls- check

That's pretty much the only criteria for my Saturday evening...Wade has hunters here so I am left to my own devices. I did manage to take a hot shower which is greatly appreciated as the pipes were frozen this morning. The best I could manage was enough of a trickle to brush my fangs and wash my face. Washing your face in 22 degree water is the equivalent of chugging a Jolt cola, by the way. Not the gradual wake up I was looking for this morning. On a lighter note, I have some funny writing to share from the 'summer vault'. Our reading story this week at school is about whales. I had to strain myself to keep from laughing out loud in the middle of class at the memory of this particular piece of writing. Coincidentally, when we began reading this story on Wednesday, that day was total crap, so the beginning even transcended time in its relevance! I am going to paste it below...

I’ll be honest, today was crap. The past few days have probably been precursors that nonetheless congealed today to form my crummy opinion. I haven’t been feeling all that great, so as a result have not been that active. As you all know, such inactive states can lead to feeling poorly about oneself… that’s the case here. I started the day having a ‘fat day’. You could be pretentious enough to proclaim that you have never had a fat day, but we all know it’s not true. The days where you look in the mirror, then decide to avoid the mirror or window reflections of yourself the rest of the day. The days when your pants feel a little snug or whatever you put on might as well be a shirt with “orca” stamped across the front of it. I took a shower and got dressed- elastic pants, t-shirt, and ball cap- all combative elements of the fat day syndrome, you see. As a side note, whoever invented elastic should receive some sort of American Medal of Honor. Genius...

I guess that point is, it all comes out in the wash. All in all it's been a pretty good week. I have remained positive and hope to continue the trend. I am back on track with running (though may be out for a few days as I am coming down with some sort of crud). I wonder if it could possibly have anything to do with the little girl that came to my desk and asked to whisper something in my ear. Her sweet nothing she felt the need to so generously whisper in my ear was that she had just ralphed in the bathroom. Hmm. "Bless her heart"- Isn't that the universal catch all when one is striving for tact? In closing, have a bad day, week, few weeks, or whatever. It’s never too late to get yourself up and out of the proverbial cesspool and get back on track toward crystal clear seas!

No comments: