Monday, January 4, 2010

Twas the Night Before New Year's...

Twas the night before New Year's and all through the ranch,
Not a creature was stirring, not even a branch.
You might tend to wonder why nothing was running a muck,
Because all our vehicles were snugly stuck...

Stuck in the mud you see. Ah yes, a glorious day New Year's Eve turned out to be. Three vehicles stuck in the mud, despite our efforts to tow them out. This unfortunate situation was compounded by the loss of Kitty Kitty. As we rounded the corner to go back home, tails between our legs because of our inability to free the trucks from the seeming quicksand of the south, we saw a buzzard in the road next to a small lump. As we drew closer to the scene, we realized that it was indeed out cat, Kitty Kitty. If you know me, you know that I am not necessarily a cat person; however, am an eternal dog lover. She was always running into the house at the slightest crack of the door, headed straight for Boud's food bowl. I found this annoying. Wade on the flip side loved this cat, and she loved him. You might be wondering, okay Ang, sorry about your cat, but can you get on with it? Here's the rest of the story: the realization of my slightly tarnished heart. I could not see past her annoyances to take the time to spend with her. Stopping on the way in to pet her, throwing her a scrap here and there. I did not want to do these things until it was too late. That is often the case. Life takes hold and the small things of life fall by the wayside. It would have taken a possible five minutes from my day to throw some extra love her way. Isn't this often the case? Leading up to this Christmas break, I was dealing with several issues that were taking away from my spirit. The same issues we all tend to find ourselves wallowing in from time to time: unhappy with job, not completing personal goals, not enough time, the list could span but you get the gist. I had a decision to make. Continue in this negative state of nastiness, or buck up and make some positive changes. With help from above I am working on the positive changes. I first had to realize that I can't do it on my own (duh). Anyhow, I had a literal come to Jesus meeting with myself, dump dropped a bunch of stuff at His feet, and continue to pray. So this is my quest to finish the rest of the school year positively. I wanted to start this blog to track myself. I plan to run several upcoming races, get involved in a bible study, not be so stressed out about things that my hair falls out, and hopefully be a little stronger in the end. Will I do it? Stay tuned...I will keep you posted.

Quote for the day: It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

No comments: